Highlands Congregation Facility Rental Fees-Revised 02/19/2016
A. Rental fees for sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, gym, or kitchen are set by the Wedding Coordinator
with the approval of the pastor and financial officer (also, see web site-kchighlands.org)
1. can verbally hold a date for 7-days-must pay deposit for official reservation
2. Rental Fees (non-athletic events only)
A. Room rentals: $20 per hour
B. Sanctuary $40 per hour
C. Fellowship Hall only $30 per hour
D. Gym $40 per hour
E. Gym/Fellowship $45 per hour
F. Gym/Fellowship/ $60 per hour
A-f does not include opening!
closing, setup or cleanup.
3. Gym Rental (athletic events)
A Non Members of Congregation $45 per hour
B Members of Congregation $35 per hour
Note: each group should furnish proof of insurance or sign waivers.
4. Congregational events (including memorial services and funerals - members only)
A. No fee. Setup, opening/closing and cleanup should be arranged in advance.
Note: sometimes baby showers could be considered congregational events if given for active members
and the congregation is sponsoring.
5. Family or personal gatherings (non-commercial events such as birthdays, showers, etc.)
A. There is no set fee for such events, but a "free will" offering is expected.
Also, the group should provide own setup, opening/closing and cleanup.
Qualified person only should use kitchen equipment.
6. Commercial or Profit-making Events
A. Check with legal if needed.
Church would appear to endorse such events and might jeopardize non-profit status.
A. Groups outside congregation Free Will Offering
B. Members of congregation No fee-can contribute
8. Election days
A. Scheduled in Fellowship Hall or Teen Center
1. 50.00 per day (fee set by Clay County)
9. Local Homeowners Association Meetings
A. Opening and closing fee only $30
10. Other groups and events (perhaps multi-days)]
A. Negotiate rates if not fitting neatly into other categories. Ask where they've
previously held events and what they've paid. Also can check with other facilities.
B. Sometimes if the event has an overriding public service component we will give
that group a favorable rate. Should consult with pastor about things like this.
C. Sometimes there is an overriding congregational interest involved that will result in
exceptions to the above fee schedule. Any decisions of this type are usually confidential.
Church Phone: 816-468-7878
The Highlands Community of Christ facilities are available to rent for weddings – both for members of the congregation and for non-members. Weddings may be performed by a Community of Christ minister or another Christian minister of choice with approval of our pastor.
Our sanctuary seats over 400 people . The rostrum is raised and is large
enough to hold the entire wedding party.
A grand piano and organ is available to provide music for your wedding.
The church has a covered entry area that allows passengers to be dropped off under cover
if bad weather occurs. There is a parking lot on both sides of the church.
Other Available Facilities
Highlands Wedding Information
· The Wedding ceremony is a religious sacrament. Please plan your service and activities in the best of taste for a church setting
· Please make an appointment to view the facilities and discuss wedding plans with our WBC (Wedding Building Coordinators) before deciding whether or not you’d like to have your ceremony here.
· The WBC will contact our Event Scheduler for preliminary dates; then within 7 days a deposit must be received and contract signed for final calendar reservations
· Deposit check (Payable to Highlands Community of Christ) or cash need to be mailed or brought by Highlands Community of Christ; 7815 N Platte Purchase Drive; Kansas City, MO 64118
· No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the premises--inside or out
· No smoking in building
· No food or drink in sanctuary
· Rental of sanctuary includes dressing rooms, public areas during ceremony, use of sanctuary during rehearsal (times not before 9am and vacated by 10pm unless previous arrangements made through WBC)
· Only rooms assigned by WBC are to be used
· Silk flower petals only for use by flower girls
· Wall hangings or pictures etc. may not be removed without permission
· Rice may not be used. Birdseed, bubbles, and real flower petals are acceptable alternates for use outside of the facility
· WBC will have list of available organists/pianists
· Security issues are a normal part of any large event. Although the Highlands cannot be responsible for stolen articles, we will make every effort to assist in preventing theft. The ceremony party is responsible for securing all gifts.
· All décor is to be cleared through the WBC--No tacks, nails, or tape is permitted on walls or furniture. Décor must be removed within rental time
· The WBC is required to assist with all weddings
· Financial responsibility for any damage to church property sustained during the rehearsal, ceremony or reception by anyone involved in the ceremony, guest/participant, is the sole responsibility of contract signatory
· Weddings may be performed by a Community of Christ minister or another Christian minister of choice with approval of our pastor
· Sanctuary seats over 400 people and fellowship hall/gym can hold as many as 500 people for receptions (rental of extra tables & chairs responsibility of Wedding party)
· A grand piano and/or organ is available to provide music with extra charge of a staff pianist/organist
HIGHLANDS FOUR CORNERS
OUTREACH PROGRAM CONTINUES
Matthew 25:31-46 For I was hungry and you gave me something to
eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you
invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked
after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me...I tell you the truth,
whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for
Mission Made Real
Christ's mission is our mission. From
this point forward, all ministries, personnel, and resources of the World
Church will be focused on the whole mission of Jesus Christ through five, life
changing, church changing, and world changing mission initiatives.
Invite People to Christ
Christ's mission of evangelism
Abolish Poverty, End Suffering
Christ's mission of compassion
Pursue Peace on Earth
Christ's mission of justice and peace
Develop Disciples to Serve
Equip individuals for Christ's mission
Experience Congregations in Mission
Equip congregations for Christ's mission
What is the Highlands Four Corners?
Outreach program? It is a program developed at the Highlands that goes far
beyond our four walls and makes it possible for every person in the
congregation to participate.
*It is a chance to help feed the hungryand homeless.
Avenue Center of Hope—(CACH) a 501(c)3 organization serving homeless
and low income persons by providing healthy noon meals, a food pantry, thrift
shop, distributing state commodities, shower facilities, personal bags of
toiletries, candles, lighters, blankets, clothing, and referrals for services
CACH cannot provide. 17,298 meals were served in 2012. It is a struggle to meet
expenses each month just to keep the doors open to serve persons in a safe and
*To be instrumental in bringing fresh water to a village in Sudan.
Kubi For Hope
The Sudan has suffered two civil wars since independence. A peace agreement was
reached in 2005. The injustice by the northern-dominated Islamic government
devastated villages in South Sudan where there is no clean water, a shortage in
food, and no full medical services. The Highlands has provided Christmas dinner
twice for this community. We want to help them to build water wells to pump
clean water to locations within three walking blocks to avoid long travel for
getting contaminated, unclean water.
*To support the important ministry made possible by
camp M.I.T.I.O.G. (MadeIn The Image Of God)
A summer camp for children with Spina Bifida. 2013 will
be the 45th camp giving special needs children a chance to worship,
fellowship, explore, and just have a week of fun—and to know they have peers
who have disabilities too. Many never get to spend time away from home to be
with friends except to be in the hospital. These children look forward to the
next camp all year.
*Help to build an educational resourcecenter in Honduras.
A non-profit organization formed 26 years ago to help improve education in a
country where the school walls were bare and no books were in sight. Our
current project is to work with the Community of Christ in Orica, Honduras (a
mountainous region) to establish an educational center to improve the ability
for teachers to obtain the materials and supplies necessary to help the
children achieve a better future.
Last year (2013) our goal was to raise$1000 each month with it being divided
evenly among the four ministries being supported by this program.
Some of the funds came from fund raising activities
and a large portion came from sacrifices made by the congregation and put in
the offering every month. The response of the congregation was beyond
expectation and exceeded our goal each month.
The program will continue unchanged
during 2014. You are encouraged to continue to make a sacrifice each month and
place the resulting funds in the enclosed envelope and bring it on the 4th
Sunday each month. The monthly results will be published in the Highlights.
Some ways you can help:
*Participate in the fundraisers.
*Fast one meal a week (health permitting)
*Give up a stop at the coffee shop one morning per week
*Give up going to the movies once a month.
Set that money aside for the program. Each family or individual could
find an area of their life where they could sacrifice something for the benefit
of others through this ministry program. The time normally spent doing what you
choose to sacrifice could be used to pray for the success of this project or
Luke 14:13-14 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor,
the crippled, the lame, the blind and you will be blessed. Although they cannot
repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.
How to Use the Envelopes
Most of you received a packet of twelve
envelopes to be used for giving to the Four Corners Outreach Ministry; one for
each month. Please decide what sacrifice you are willing to make and then place
the money in the envelope, bring it on the 4th Sunday of the month
and place it in the offering. The envelopes can be put in the offering any time
of the month, however you are encouraged to bring them to church on the 4th
Sunday of each month. If you prefer to use your regular duplex envelopes just
designate on one of the blank lines the amount you want to go to Four Corners
Outreach. Many of you will no doubt think of a sacrifice you can make to help
make this project a success.
If you need envelopes,
please inform the church office or go to the Greeter desk. Thank You